1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony TRV 22 or Panasonic 60

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by barkercs, Jul 26, 2003.

1. barkercs

barkercs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Helpppppppp

Im stuck between a rock and a hard place on which camcorder to buy.........the sony has the better lense but the panasonic is small, has anyone got an opinion on which ones better

Sony TRV 22 or panasonic 60

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    Well I don't know these 2 camcorders, but it really is down to what you are after.
    My personal opinion is that the quality of the footage is more important than a slightly smaller cam. All camcorders these days tend to be fairly small & light, so a better lens IMO is the deciding factor.

Mark.

3. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    A better lens will be no good if the size of the camcorder means that you don't bother to take it with you!

Would you really notice the difference in lens quality?

woody

4. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    The salesman in Comet said the same thing about the lens quality to me. But after the good lady and I tried a few cameras we settled on the Panasonic DS60.
    It was far more comfortable to hold, especially for her small hands, and I bought it for £330 ish from Empire.
    So far I have been very impressed with the camcorder - image quality is really good and the weight of the camera makes it easy to use over extended periods even with out a tripod.