1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony trv 19 or 22

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by edsm, May 22, 2003.

1. edsm

edsm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!
    I have to deceide between these two. The memory stick doesn't interest me but the trv 19 has only got analogue in and the 22 has analogue in - out. What is the difference and what is it used for?
    Thanks!:confused:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Don't you mean the 19 has analogue out only?

Analogue in/out will allow you to connect your VCR to your camcorder and then capture the analogue video onto your PC for editing. You will then be able to copy back to VCR (assuming it has DV-in also) to distribute your master piece to friends.
    Most camcorders do not have inputs enable because this means they are classed by the EU as a VCR and therefore you have to pay them more tax! :mad:
    AFAIK all camcorders have analogue out so you can copy your video to a VCR or connect to a TV to watch.

Mark.

3. edsm

edsm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I finally decided en got the trv 19.
    :clap:
    I think that'll do the job good enough for me. It has dv in -out and analogue out. The trv 22has both but I didn't want to spend even more money for something I won't use.
    Thanks for your help, through the answers in this forum I could decide which model to buy as I had no idea where to start from.
    My next questions will probably be about user problems. :D