1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony trv 16e zoom

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by jb 1, Aug 7, 2002.

1. jb 1

jb 1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have bought a trv16e its my first dv cam
    its not a bad little machine but the digital zoom is a joke whats the point in putting 120x on it if you cant use it???

2. altruist

altruist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    congratulations on your first miniDV camcorder.
    I'm not sure about the model that you have bought as now on the US SONY site you can only see TRV 18 as the start model.
    Digital zoom is useless and its used to mislead consumers and to attract them. Thats the reason that its printed in large sized fonts
    Happy movie making.

3. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi altruist

I have 2 JVC cams with digital zoom. In the menu pick I can choose to stop at 10X (optical zoom) , 40X (10X Optical x 4X Digital) and 300X (10X optical x 30X digital). The 4X digital spreads the image from the center of the CCD and repeats the color & intensity from each pixel to 4 pixels across and 4 pixels down. Thus it starts to look blocky. IMO at any more than this it is useless. ie one pixel to 30 pixels across and 30 pixels down gves the equivalent of 21 blocks across and 16 down. I lock mine at 40X.
    Drafter

4. jb 1

jb 1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    they sure mislead me
    my friend has a hi8 with digital zoom 500x its a lot better