1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony/Toshiba deal on ebuyer.co.uk

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Daipac, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Daipac

Daipac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
  2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    there was somebody here a week or two ago that bought one....don't think he was happy....seem to recall it didn't even with the cables to connect the tosh stuff to the screen!

3. greyhorse

greyhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i have used this company for PC stuff and have had nothing but problems with the parts and the service. You cant even get to speak to someone on the phone.

This company will charge you to return faulty goods, with Plasma screens i really feel you need to buy close to home and check with your credit card what protection they offer on internet transactions.

Hope this helps you :)

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    As to the kit, it comes with the Sony COMPOSITE video board, yea right on baby! and 'Is suitable for digital signeage and shop display'.... marvellous. As it's a 852 x 480 plasma, surely nobody will contradict me if I say you could do better with a deal like this with a PWD7 panasonic? The HC system is OK as they go, Argos do a Hitachi one for £129 which is very similar, just as a pricing benchmark. So if you can find a plasma for £1500 inc video board and bracket, you are in business.

5. Daipac

Daipac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I wasn't looking to get his deal myself, I have already ordered the LG RZ42PX11 but did wonder how good this deal was.

As for ebuyer, I have used them many times and they have always been spot on, not heard many bad things about them so that is surprising to hear an unhappy customer report.

6. GizmoPower

GizmoPower

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had terrible problems getting deliveries from this company - quick to take payment mind. I'm still waiting for one item...

As mentioned above, you can't phone them. I would steer WELL clear.

7. 7up4it

7up4it

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I have spent hundreds of pounds with ebuyer over the past few months digital camera etc, and I personally haven't encountered a single problem, the items were delivered on time and in excellent condition as well as the order being what I "actually" ordered.

With regard to the item advertised I have seen the same plasma/home cinema system offered on Ebay for £1999.99 :eek: same picture as ebuyers as well, me personally I wouldn't buy anything off ebay, several family members including myself have been ripped off in the past by some thieving ............... :mad: My brother even ended up getting the police & trading standards involved.

I have decided against buying the LG having had a closer look at one over the weekend, I am going for the Panny instead mainly thanks to the overwhelming support they receive on this forum.

8. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    they are just like Dabs, absolutely fine so long as nothing goes wrong.....but you try speaking to them when it does...you would almost think they don't employ actual humans!

9. fatherted

fatherted
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0