Sony to deliver 10 new Bravia TVs

J

John Archer

Sony has taken the wraps off a whole new 10-strong family of 'Bravia' TVs, including 7 LCD flat-panel models, due to launch in the UK from April. All these new TVs feature loads of new technology, and from what we've seen so far look pretty darned fine... We'll be able to bring you more in-depth information next week in AVForums' inaugural Podcast...

the new range is great,if you want models and features let me know:thumbsup: ;)

Biggest question is undoubtedly : Do they do 1080p from all sources ?

If so what are the specs ?

well? come on then.. spill the beans!
whats new n funky? (cos i am still waiting for delivery of my w40!)

kourosh said:
Sure:thumbsup:

KDL-32s2000u KDL-32v2000u,
KDL-40s2000u KDL-40v2000u
The S and the V range are staying they will be 32" and 40",but the casing will be slightly different.On both models there will be a better picture quality,but on the V there will be new technology WCG(wide colour gamut)this helps the pictue to retain its colour and quality when viewed from wider angel.
They will stay 1366x768.Expect to see them April-May

Also added to the range are the U and X range.

KDL-20u2000u,KDL-26u2000u,KDL-322000u,
KDL-40u2000u

The U range is gonna be the budget HD range sizes from 20",26",32" and 40".These will be nothing special just basic 1366x768 and all having hdmi sockets and freeview tuners.Expect to see these around sept

Now the X range are gonna be the daddies these have replaced the W range.There will be a 40",46" and 52"

KDL-40x2000u,KDL-46x2000u,KDL-52x2000u

These will have a slightly better picture quality than the V range,will also have the WCG and they will have a floating glass effect round the screen.....but best of all these will be full hidef 1920x1080 with 2xhdmi 2xscart and 2xcomponent.
Pricewise 40" around £3k 46" around £4k and the
52" around £5k
hope that helps a bit:thumbsup:
:smashin:

they are always the 1st to give prices,but never any picture.....................good job i have picture's and know what they all look like:cool: ;)

Love to see pics of the X series, please !

..and is the ETA June for the X series ?
Ta

the KDL-46X2000 is due in june,the 40" and 52" september
the 1st picture is the X
the 2nd picture is the V
the 3rd picture is the S
and the last picture is the U:thumbsup:

Attachments

• x.JPG
    x.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 786
  • v.JPG
    v.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 625
  • s.JPG
    s.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 442
  • u.JPG
    u.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 476
Looks like the X version could be just the panel without speakers - excellent !
I take it the curved effect was 'cos it was photographed through a window, maybe !
Thanks anyway for the advance info. My credit card awaits !

JH4 said:
Looks like the X version could be just the panel without speakers - excellent !
I take it the curved effect was 'cos it was photographed through a window, maybe !
Thanks anyway for the advance info. My credit card awaits !

its out of my secret:cool: sony manual its got all the new stuff for the next year:cool: ;)

wow. can't wait for these..... do you know if they'll be launched in the US before we get them.? might be worth keeping an eye on US forums for early reviews.

i dont see a reason why they wont be released in the us,they may have different model numbers but the sets should be the same:thumbsup:

Kourosh, can you tell me if any mention is made in your secret Sony book :)grin:) of features that were on the US V-Series but stripped off for the Euro version? Features like "WEGA GATE", the VGA input, and the Brightness sensor (the latter two which were baffingly on the European S-Series but not the V).

Also, is there no mention at all of an update to the 26" V-series model?
Can you share any pricing info?

Edit: According to this Cheapelectricals link, the update to the 32" V-series model has the PC input :D :D

Maybe they took my angry ranting e-mails to heart:clap:

1xHDMI input? Is that correct? If it is it's nuts.

It's Sony, they always seem a bit stingy input-wise. I still have my LCD WEGA from 2004 that they told me was "HD Ready" with it's 1x Component input and nothing better :p

Lyris said:
Kourosh, can you tell me if any mention is made in your secret Sony book :)grin:) of features that were on the US V-Series but stripped off for the Euro version? Features like "WEGA GATE", the VGA input, and the Brightness sensor (the latter two which were baffingly on the European S-Series but not the V).

Also, is there no mention at all of an update to the 26" V-series model?
Can you share any pricing info?

Edit: According to this Cheapelectricals link, the update to the 32" V-series model has the PC input :D :D

Maybe they took my angry ranting e-mails to heart:clap:

sorry but the magic book dosent,tell me what's been stripped for the european models,:(
also the 26" v series has been dropped:eek:
and according to the book all the models starting from 20" have pc input:thumbsup:
more likely just ignored your emails:mad: there not very customer friendly:rolleyes:

Randell said:
1xHDMI input? Is that correct? If it is it's nuts.

only the x series and the sxrd rear projection sets have 2 hdmi these sets are the only one's that are full hidef as well 1920x1080:thumbsup:

Lyris said:
It's Sony, they always seem a bit stingy input-wise. I still have my LCD WEGA from 2004 that they told me was "HD Ready" with it's 1x Component input and nothing better :p

you mean "high def compatible" ;) is it the 30" mrx1:confused: floating glass surround?

kourosh said:
you mean "high def compatible" ;) is it the 30" mrx1:confused: floating glass surround?
Actually it was billed at HDTV Ready back in the Summer of 2004. They even linked the product page to a "What is HDTV" Flash movie.

hdready.gif

more likely just ignored your emails there not very customer friendly
Actually the guy gave me a friendly, albeit technologically uninformed response which you can read at: http://lyris-lite.net/fu_archives/sony_letter.txt

That's fantastic news about the PC input though. It's enough to stop me trying to import the 26" XBR1 model from the States. I'll save for a bit longer and keep all that shipping money for a bigger screen :D

(BTW, since my 2004 "HD Ready" Sony LCD is starting to break and since it was wrongly sold to me as HD Ready, do you think I'd have a case if I asked Trading Standards nicely? Maybe a discount on one of those nice new V-Series Bravias?)

i know th set,i always thought that set had 1 of the best picture quality a few years ago:thumbsup:
but it will still show you sky hidef through component:smashin:
ive watched hidef through component on 32"mrx1 which came out the same time as your 26"...........and it does look quite good:thumbsup:
the only thing is if you ever decide on bluray or hd dvd they need hdmi:(
why not try and sell it,its still gotta be worth around £700;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom