• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony TG3 v Canon Hf10 type camcorder?

screemer

Established Member
I am looking at getting the Tg3 after trying it at a Sony Store but was wondering what are the advantages of something like the HF10 or the Sony Sr11 apart from hard drives? i realise there will be comprimises with the Sony TG3 because of the size of it but wondering exactly what?

redsox_mark

Distinguished Member
Well the HF10 doesn't have a hard drive, it is also flash memory based.

The SR11 is a HDD cam. It has a better lens, larger sensor... you will get better video performance.

screemer

Established Member
much better performance?

redsox_mark

Distinguished Member
I've not seen the TG3 or any clips (or even reviews) myself, so hard to say. I think you are more likely to see the difference in low light situations, or when looking very carefully; it won't be a big, obvious difference.

tommouk

Established Member
I guess we will just have to wait for some reviews or a shoot-out. US sites usually good for that sort of thing. If I see anything useful, I will post here

Cheers all

Tommo

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom