sony television

glynndenniss

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a sony kv-32ls60 tv and am awaiting delivery...can ne one tell me if i have made a good decision or not as i cant find very many reviews on it.....only 1 to be precise...can anyone enlighten me...

Originally posted by glynndenniss
only 1 to be precise
Which one? Mine? :)

There are a few happy postings on the forum about the LS60, have a look at them (search for "LS60"). Trick is to look for bad stuff not good stuff when searching the forum ;) When people are happy they tend not to post that they are happy. But when they've got a problem, then naturally they post because they want help with it.

Welcome to the AV Forums :)

Wouldn't it have been a better idea to do a good search or ask on these forums *before* ordering the set if you were unsure?

Just a thought...

HI - have you got the TV yet? Any opinions? I'm thinking of getting one later this year, and would be interested to know what you think.

I'd be especially interested to know if you can adjust the colour settings on the TV if you are looking at a picture from an RGB input (such as a dvd player). On my current Sony, I can't adjust the colour, and the picture is way too orange/red for my liking.

mikef

Originally posted by Mikef
I'd be especially interested to know if you can adjust the colour settings on the TV if you are looking at a picture from an RGB input (such as a dvd player). On my current Sony, I can't adjust the colour, and the picture is way too orange/red for my liking.
Hi Mike,

Click the link I posted above.

To answer your question, yes you can adjust colour. You can adjust everything for RGB feeds. :)

Thanks Squirrel, much appreciated. It will be heaven to be able to turn down those colours... does your note imply that when you are watching a DVD, you may have to turn back to another channel, make the adjustment, then go back to the DVD on the RGB input ?

thanks again

mikef

No, not for colour, contrast and brightness.

The only time you have to do that "trick" for RGB feeds is when you want to adjust the sharpness and the hue for NTSC.

Everything else is adjustable there and then for RGB.

Cheers again, after two years of living with an orange hue thats excellent news. I often just switched the scart to a non RGB socket to get rid of the colour. Do you have to go to a separate option to adjust the values for RGB, or is it all from the same menu option as when watchine - say - analogue tv?

Debenhams are doing the LS60 on an interest free option right now, I'm gettig more tempted....

mikef

Apart from the set looking stunning, the dvd picture blew me away.
The 32" weighs in at 69kg, so is very very heavy.
Almost killed the courier and myself getting it up 2 flights, and no way could I lift it onto the stand on my own.
So get a helping hand on delivery.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom