Sony Technical Question

P

Paul Atreides

I have this problem on the left side of my FX66, I got rid of it ages ago but now it's back (due to more adjustments). It is affected by the PHOCUS PH setting within the DAC submenu, the picture below is with a value of 140. I can almost eliminate it with a setting of 0, but a small amount remains. Could someone please explain what PHOCUS PH is, and why I can't eliminate the effect.

Attachments

A

aliasnow

Phocus Phase?
had no time now,
just watch at angles with a written text pattern and you'll see.

For your problem,
once I found a Panorama setting
that caused this, but I don't remember
in FX66 is a little bit dangerous
so try ONLY if you have all settings
for ALL MODES "Wide, Smart ecc."

Hope it helps

scooby do

Paul you would not believe how similar your blank screen looks to a Philips Pixel Plus with bars. Very interesting that you can cure it by a service menu setting maybe Philips should have a look into this thread perhaps that could get to the bottom of the bars that are on so many of their sets

A

aliasnow

I can't explain,

there's a setting in service that
blank... yes maybe LEFT and RIGHT BLK
if you up too much that value the edge image start to go...
...ehmm... behind the real image

mmm can't explain better for now, I'm not at home :rolleyes:

P

Paul Atreides

Thanks for your help.

Last night I had the idea of adjusting the H POSITION, I will tell you if it works later.

Originally posted by scooby do
you would not believe how similar your blank screen looks to a Philips Pixel Plus with bars.
Not familiar with that problem but it might be fixable in the service menu, as alot of things are.

P

Paul Atreides

I fixed it a few days ago but I had to set H POSITION to 63!

aliasnow, it was not blanking, try changing your PHOCUS PH and you will see the problem.
Write down the original number first though, as if you didn't know. :)

Top Bottom