sony tablet s via dlna to wd tv live smp help

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by boxer29, Aug 28, 2012.

1. boxer29

boxer29
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just want to connect my tablet s which is dlna enabled to my wd tv live smp which is on the same network to stream things,
    But no luck can someone tell me how to do it
    Thanks

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    To clarify, you want to steam media on your WDTV to your Sony tablet ? or Sony tablet controlling media on the WDTV box to your tv ?

3. boxer29

boxer29
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I ve got wd tv live smp without the hdd, got a 1tb nas drive on my network all my media is in there. Can plasy from nas to sony tab. Now want to get my tanlet s to stream via my wd to my tv, I mean the screen of my tsblet to my tv

4. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Your not going to be able to transmit the android desktop to your tv. If you have media on your tablet you can get that playing on your tv via range of apps depending on what content you want to playback.

If you want to play youtube / vimeo and others from your tablet download Twonky Beam from android market. This lets you 'beam' media to your tv via a DLNA setup.

Skifta is a free app in android market which lets you mix and match your media to device.

If you just want to play your media on the NAS on your TV using the tablet as the remote then Skifta can be setup do this. You've got a lot of options depending what exactly you want, where...