1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony ta-p9000 pre amp

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by mgh0001, Sep 6, 2005.

1. mgh0001

mgh0001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    does anyone know where i can get one of these amps, the ta-p9000es?.
    if so please yet me know
    cheers, mike

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Max_g....if the item you have is for sale,please read the forum rules and place it in the appropriate section of the forums....i.e. the Classifieds.

Please also do not leave your email address visible in public forums,for your own protection.

You may contact me if the item is NOT for sale,and I will reinstate the post.

3. mgh0001

mgh0001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    no, i am looking for the item.

4. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

I'm looking for one as well ..... but I've never bothered to "ask" because the P-9000 comes into the "hens teeth" category ... there aren't many around.

I bid (unsucessfully) on one on ebay germany a couple of months ago and I haven't spotted one since.

Brian

5. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    mgh0001....my message was directed at max_g.

Have you also posted in the wanted section of the forum,as you may get more response there.

6. mgh0001

mgh0001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    bxd,
    i ve never seen one on ebay or anywhere. how much did the one on ebay go for?

7. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

I'm sure the one on e-bay went for somewhere between £300 and £400.

If you're only after the P-9000 for 5.1 audio switching, there are other alternatives, like the Zektor (about $450) MAS3 which should be available from Joe Fernand at the MediaFactory (tmfsolutions.co.uk). Joe is usually to be found on the Video Scaler or Plasma forums or (presumably) in the 'advertisers' list.

I'm not in a rush to pick up a P9000 (or the zektor) but it would allow me to play SACD and DVD-audio in surround. Currently I feed the pre-outs from my E9000 through the passthru of a Sony EP-9es (Dolby Digital processor). The EP-9es acts as a set of additional digital inputs for other devices.

Brian

8. morksbeanbag

morksbeanbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    right, i now have information of where to get one of these in perfect condition.Posted anywhere in the UK. :smashin:

not really able to give out phone numbers on the forum but send a PM if your interested.

9. tetragon4000

tetragon4000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one of these, and it is the core of the audio portion of my system. Snobs will laugh, but they have no idea what they're missing. The unit is beautiful in its simplicity and focus, and it sounds really really really good. It's basically six straight wires with gain. You don't hear it. It just increases amplitude. Plus, it has two sets of 5.1 inputs, so you can send one set in from some kind of processor that controls gain itself, and the other set can be fed the output from something like an SACD player. If you need to be able to switch more inputs, combine it with a Zektor (that's what I do). If you need more inputs than the MAS3 Zektor has, send an email to Zektor and prepare to be pleasantly surprised. The only real drawback to this approach is the incredible number of interconnects you have to buy. I have a CD player, SACD player, DVD/DVD-Audio player, and it sure adds up. But that's not the TAPs fault.

Now, as for the question about where to get one. I got mine on audiogon.com, which is an absolutely wonderful site for buying used audiophile equipment. I have purchased a number of items there, and have never had a bad experience. It's a social network--the ratings of sellers and buyers are legitimate, so if somebody is a con artist, they are quickly banished. I've also sold a few items there, with equally satisfying results. To find your TAP, just go there and enter the model number in the main search box on the main page.

10. tetragon4000

tetragon4000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But I got off track. What I wanted to post to this thread was a question, not an answer!

On my TAP, the remote only allows me to increase the volume up to a point that is less than the full volume I can achieve by manually turning the big volume knob. The remote is only able to spin the volume knob up to about 1/3rd. Can somebody who has a TAP tell me if this is normal behavior, or a flaw in my particular unit?