Sony TA-F270 with a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's

BloodVyper

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
First post on the forum! :D

So I have an old Sony TA-F270 amplifier, driving a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's. To me, they sound great. Great clarity, depth, and soundstage with my current desk setup. My question is, am I missing out on better sound quality? I'm under the (perhaps naive) impression that older amps have better quality audio output compared to newer amplifiers.

I only paid £70 for the amp, so how much would I need to spend to get an upgrade here? What newer products could you recommend?

I'd want to eventually move to a 7.1 surround sound setup, with Dolby Atmos support for the living room to watch movies on. I'd probably keep the Wharfedale's for my home PC, for music purposes, and get completely new equipment for the living room.

See photo for my current setup.

Cheers!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-11-29 at 16.09.48.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-11-29 at 16.09.48.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 125
Does anyone have experience with this amp?

I've removed the crossover plating on my speakers to seperate the low/mid and high range. Tweeters are on channel A, main drivers on channel B.

Would that be damaging them? Does the TA-F270 have an internal crossover that detects frequency capacity?

What are you doing man. If you dont like the sound, the next step for better sound is just getting a better amp. You might test a few until you find your self in the sound you prefer. It is not easy and cheap task.

Late response, but for new people that read this... What are you doing man, unnecessary things and complicating it. If you dont like the sound, the next step for better sound is just getting a better amp. You might test a few until you find your self in the sound you prefer. It is not easy and cheap task. The last thing you change in your case is speakers. Amps change sooo much. Depth, mids, highs.. All can change with good choice amp.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom