Sony system thinks the headphones are plugged in

N

NatMU1

Hi all,

My sister is having major problems with her Sony DAV-S400 home cinema system... It seems to think that there are headphones plugged in, and therefore does not play any sound.

If you actually plug some headphones into the system, you can hear sound, and occassionally after switching the power off and turning it back on again, the sound plays through the speakers, but only on occassion.

Has anyone had a similar problem or know of a solution to this? :confused:

It is about 5 years old, so is no longer under guarantee. I have the same system, and i'm wondering if perhaps this is a known fault with this system, and I shall encounter the same problem in a few years!

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

jameslindsey

Novice Member
Dont know about this system specifically however there is a small switch in the headphone socket that when a plug is inserted will switch off the speakers and transfer signal to the headphone socket. These switches can wear over time so it sounds like this has happened or the switch has broken.

These sockets are cheap amd can be replaced by anyone who is handy with a soldering iron or by a decent reparier. the part will cost about £2 from Maplin, labour wont be cheap though.

N

NatMU1

Thanks jameslindsey, though I must say, I am a little suprised if it's the case that the part you speak of is warn, as it has never been used!

Do you think that is possible?

N

NatMU1

Does anyone else have any suggestions to what is causing this problem, as the headphone socket is never used!

Top Bottom