sony sxrd stand

R

Richard QC

I've been reading everybody's posts with interest and I think I'm about ready to buy one of these KDS-55A2000 Sony SXRD sets.

Just a couple of issues to solve:

1) Does anybody know of a store near Doncaster that has one on display?
Comet Doncaster does not - I've looked and we don't have a Sony Centre.

2) What is the height of the stand?
I have the height of the TV but I need the height of the stand to know if the setup will fit under my corner staircase which is where the TV sits.

I just want to watch good quality tv, mainly sci-fi, cricket and films on a big screen. I currently have a 3 year old Pio 43" Plasma with Sky HD and I'm very happy but looking for something bigger and newer - the 1080 pixel display attracts me so there will be no scaling. Do you think I'll be happy with the Sony SXRD -v- Pio plasma? I look precisely front on to the TV so there should be no loss of picture on a DLP - will it look bright and clear like a plasma? My main target is picture quality.

Could try Sony at Meadowhall or Leeds....(Leeds is more likely I think).

Will try to measure height of combined tv/stand later as am at work, but as regards to picture quality don`t hesitate as it`s awesome (particularly with HD sources).

Set up a Panasonic 42" plasma (top one) at xmas for my dad & even with Sky HD still no where near the Sony, particularly the poorer contrast.

Bearing in mind you`ve got Sky HD & you`re sitting in front of set I guarantee you will love this set. I`ve had mine a month now & am still raving about it & for the price has to be the current top bargain screen. Buy with confidence (BTW I don`t work for Sony either !!).

Contacted a few local Sony Centres and got this e-mail back from York;

"That model has been discontinued now and has been
replaced by the KDS-55A20A11XTNS.
The retail price is £2299.99. Until the 7th Jan 2007
it comes with a free 3 year warranty and a free
RDRHXD560b DVD/HDD recorder.
We dont keep this model in stock due not having enough
space in our store but it will only take us 2/3 days
to get one."

Just decided to buy and then I here it no longer exists or has been modified!
Also what good is the last sentence - how are people going to buy if they can't see it?

Anybody know anything about the new model designation?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom