Sony SXRD now on sale in Europe

sont centre in manchester pulled a catalouge out showing both the 55 inch and 70 inch sxrd.....they didnt even know it was in there untill i showed them and said they have no idea when it is coming out.... they really know their stuff ;)

say33d said:
sont centre in manchester pulled a catalouge out showing both the 55 inch and 70 inch sxrd.....they didnt even know it was in there untill i showed them and said they have no idea when it is coming out.... they really know their stuff ;)

yea' well that's life, it just depends how enthusiastic you are about the product you sell, just look at that lot that work for Currys; flipping useless every single one of them!

Sony Southampton aren't much better, but at least they know it's arriving in september :cool:

but dont look for the SXRD on the Sony Southampton website late this week, because it's never updated; look only on Sony U.K. that SXRD will be in Southampton long before they update their website!

e.g the new Sony KDF50E2010 is already for sale in the u.k, but it ain't on their website :D

so what's going on?....maybe the Wholesalers are getting the first shipments; or it's for orders in advance of shipments; that are due here in the next few days

therefore my guess is, the SXRD isn't due here for some time; because it's so quiet on the web and the first shipments will arrive in Eastern Europe and spread westward towards the U.K.........a bit like a merchant ship in the year 1347; transporting the deadly `oriental rat flea` .........The Black Death :devil:

Is the SXRD2 that is about to go on sale in the U.S. what we are going to get over here as the SXRD? or are we being shafted again with old technology.

kbfern said:
Is the SXRD2 that is about to go on sale in the U.S. what we are going to get over here as the SXRD? or are we being shafted again with old technology.

no its the brand new KDS55A2000...the same as the latest American version

according to a french forum..... they rang sony france and were told the european kds55a200 will have DRC-MR v2.5 (then again they may not know what they are talking about, lol)

if its true....it will be better than the american version.... now there is something new:smashin:

say33d said:
according to a french forum..... they rang sony france and were told the european kds55a200 will have DRC-MR v2.5 (then again they may not know what they are talking about, lol)

if its true....it will be better than the american version.... now there is something new:smashin:

dont understand mate , what's this DCR-MR thingy ?

Sorry got my letters wrong it's the XBR2 that is soon to be introduced into the U.S.

But the posts on avs forum do seem to say that its a step up from the A2000 that we are going to get,what do you think?.

Must say I've been looking forwards to seeing this TV in the UK.

DRC is dynamic reality creation, which is Sony's trade name for their video processing function. The US version of this TV is supposed to have V1, which is not very effective with 1080i video.

Contrary to what the very helpful anacz1 said, this and ALL other 1080p TVs WILL upscale all compatible inputs to 1080p - because the display itself is 1920x1080 progressive, they have no choice whatsoever other than to do that.

What this TV may or may not do is process 1080i inputs to 1080p properly (by de-interlacing). By properly I mean without losing resolution or adding artifacts. The V2.5 processing in the US XBR2 TV is supposed to be rather better than v1.0 at doing that. At least it accepts 1080p OVER hdmi (which the XBR1 famously did not) so you have the option to use a source or processor that does the job properly.

regards, Nick

right ok, now where is that European spec....i'll be back in a minute

http://www.sony.cz/view/ShowProduct...Type=Overview&category=TVP+Rear+Projection+TV

damn it i cant understand the language............how annoying!

but does it have the very latest BRAVIA ENGINE, if so it might have this V2.5 circuit...my guess is, this tv has the same (latest version) 1080p BRAVIA engine; which is used in their 1080P LCD tv; and that tv is flipping awesome because i've seen it.

YES IT'S GOT IT......it's the ``BE ENGINE PRO`` graphics logo and its on the SXRD link above and on that Canadian Bravia engine link (listed a few postings above)

there's the logo for the latest Bravia engine and it's the V2.5, this is excellent news......that is if i'm right and i think i am! if so this SXRD should be fantastic....mind you, according to my research it is anyway!

our SXRD should therefore be superior to the American version :devil: about time too! :D

Attachments

• logo bravia.gif
    logo bravia.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 449
anacz1 said:
it means that you'll see the screen image in 1080p; only if the input is 1080p as well.
the tv won't convert to 1080p

it DOES convert

greets
niko

http://www.hdbeat.com/2006/08/30/sony-unveils-new-bravia-lcd-lcos-hdtvs-for-japan/

i think this is what we're getting, if so; our 55'' SXRD is a better version than the American one! because i'm fairly certain they dont have this updated BRAVIA pro engine :rotfl: :rotfl: .........sweet revenge!

yes i'm right, their's is the ``Wega Engine`` ours is the Bravia Pro, which is used in the latest 1080p Bravia LCD tv. :D

i've posted in on the AVS forum, the reply should be interesting :devil: :devil:

Funny I was about to post that Japanese news featuring that v2.5 processing. I think you're onto something there. Fingers crossed, eh?

Since we're being deprived on America's higher end XBR sets which I believe have the v2.5 processing, it would be logical for our European A2000 sets to then be a hybrid of technologies found in the US A2000 and XBR models, though I'm always cautious to credit Sony with applying logic to many a situation.

well it certainly sais BRAVIA PRO on that european site, but theirs is the old SXRD WEGA engine from 2005 :cool:

the PRO definitely has that much more powerful circuit V2.5......but they're getting that in the Autumn; in the XBR2.

but can somebody else check this out for me...:lease:

whatever the case, the BRAVIA Engine is superior to the Wega anyway, dont forget that i've seen the 1080p Bravia LCD and it's flipping excellent......ok the LCD tv has it's faults, but that's not the Engine, just the way LCD tv's are....

i've never seen a P.Q as good as that 1080p LCD :eek:.....so our SXRD will be very similar to an LCD tv, it'll have a razor sharp image; but far better contrast ratio/ blacks at night.

hang around....no, i've seen the Earlier 1080p BRAVIA engine....the one i saw was 2 months ago!

flipping heck, all of this is too complicated :D

All the signs certainly point to the improved circuitry being present in our model. I'd just like to be sure as Sony have been known for showing certain specs/logos on their pages when they don't actually apply to the final product. I do think the signs are good though.

I'm flip flopping over deciding whether to get one of their LCD flat panels of the SXRD. I'm well aware of all the benefits of the SXRD set, it's just a question of price and practically as to whether I can get a set of such a size at the moment. Obviously given the brilliance of the image SXRD provides it would be my preferred option for my next television, and if we're really getting a set that's improved over its American cousin then I'll be very interested indeed. All that would remain would be assurance ours would be free of haze and green blob issues.

Angry the Clown said:
All the signs certainly point to the improved circuitry being present in our model. I'd just like to be sure as Sony have been known for showing certain specs/logos on their pages when they don't actually apply to the final product. I do think the signs are good though.

I’m flip flopping over deciding whether to get one of their LCD flat panels of the SXRD. I’m well aware of all the benefits of the SXRD set, it’s just a question of price and practically as to whether I can get a set of such a size at the moment. Obviously given the brilliance of the image SXRD provides it would be my preferred option for my next television, and if we’re really getting a set that’s improved over its American cousin then I’ll be very interested indeed. All that would remain would be assurance ours would be free of haze and green blob issues.

just get it mate! :D

if it has the earlier Bravia engine it'll still be excellent, (if they've goofed their spec sheet/graphics), if not; then i think you'll find it's V2.5 :smashin:

Oh I wants it precious, don't gets us wrongsies... :)

I'm only worried about lugging it up two very narrow stairways in a country cottage. The room will house it nicely, that's not really the problem. It's getting it up there in that first place that would present the challenge. It's more a problem of the sets depth than its weight to be specific. My 32inch CRT weighs more than the 55inch SXRD does. A lot more. My stairways are just wide enough [as again, my current CRT is actually a few inches deeper than the 55A2000], but it's really when approaching them from an angle, which can't be helped, where it becomes difficult with a set so large/wide.

cant you use a block and tackle and lift from the outside the house and then drag it through the window ?..:cool:

I've got a half roof that protrudes out over the front of my house at the mid level point (I've got three floors here). That may be an obstacle for having it installed via a lift system like that, but it's something I have considered looking into, yes, as my windows are big enough to feed it through without a problem.

its defin bravio pro:thumbsup: ive seen it in my sony handbook:thumbsup:
................i could have told you this about 2months ago:rolleyes:

kourosh said:
its defin bravio pro:thumbsup: ive seen it in my sony handbook:thumbsup:
................i could have told you this about 2months ago:rolleyes:

I'm just so pleased that it's an upgraded version to what the Americans have got :devil:

this means converting 1080i to 1080p will be superior to that American CNET review :thumbsup:

this means converting 1080i to 1080p will be superior to that American CNET review

I'm hoping that means the set's detection of film sources will be superior as well. I'd like to know if v2.5 means the set can apply accurate inverse telecine. Good news all in all though I think. If the V.25 scaling and deinterlacing is good it should prove beneficial at the very least for broadcasts via the in built DVB tuner so long as its scaling doesn't cause any audio delay or video delay for video games.

Anything else you could have mentioned months ago, kourosh, but didn't? :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom