Sony SXRD now on sale in Europe

weyland-yutani

Novice Member
I DEMAND this tv be made available to uk customers, NOW! who do i have to kill??? TELL ME!!!!!!:lesson: :D

say33d

Novice Member
hmmm... according to the picture it has DRC-MR v2.5 :eek:

this debate has been raging in the states for a while.... whats the score, so confusing!!!!!

Attachments

weyland-yutani

Novice Member
say33d said:
hmmm... according to the picture it has DRC-MR v2.5 :eek:
what does that mean:confused:

Boris Blank

weyland-yutani said:
what does that mean:confused:
Its the SXRD set's built-in video processor. Personally I'd not worry too much about it, there are other solutions if the DRC processing doesn't meet peoples expectations and I rather suspect that most folks who buy the set will not notice any issues (if indeed they exist) or if they do notice something then they are savvy enough to already own an external video processor anyway and thus avoid the matter entirely!
Paul

anacz1

Banned
so it's a mid-silver and not a mid grey colour :thumbsdow , no worries because the rear is raked back a long way; about 56 degrees.

this tv will look great on my new stand (but it aint as butch as the JVC) my guess is it'll be another 2 weeks yet

i dont think it'll be 2000 quid though, because `cheap electricals` has it for 2300; mind you they could drop their price

you'll notice its P.Q is quite sharp and 3D too, considering those are very poor photos; it's also got a wider viewing angle than our RPTV's.

this tv will be excellent, it'll blow your socks off; because the JVC has this effect too and the SXRD will be even better...but by how much? :rolleyes: :suicide:

there's not much point looking at it first, just buy it; but i'm not sure about the JVC :rolleyes: because i would've brought the JVC last weekend if it wasn't for the SXRD... the JVC on HD is flipping awesome.

decisions.........decisions........decisions

say33d

Novice Member
PaulB said:
Its the SXRD set's built-in video processor. Personally I'd not worry too much about it, there are other solutions if the DRC processing doesn't meet peoples expectations and I rather suspect that most folks who buy the set will not notice any issues (if indeed they exist) or if they do notice something then they are savvy enough to already own an external video processor anyway and thus avoid the matter entirely!
Paul

its just a shame sony send out mixed signals, lol....im sure your right though, to most people it wont amke any difference at all :)

anacz1

Banned
it's due here according to Kadoo on the 29th september :thumbsdow

flipping heck , i cant wait that long :mad:

pjclark1

Novice Member
I predict

It'll have a big green blob on the screen and a slightly fuzzy picture.
And loads of problems with Sky HD (over HDMI)

anacz1

Banned
Yes my guess is it might have the green blob/or this new green haze colour saturation :D this tv is most likely to cause you problems if it's had a rough ride in a delivery van

but the JVC in America blows its bulbs all the time!

pppp1

Page from official czech Sony website

KDS-55A2000

Where's the 70in version?

anacz1

Banned
pppp1 said:
Page from official czech Sony website

KDS-55A2000

Where's the 70in version?
the 70'' version isn't due for release for another month yet and therefore you wont see it on the Sony website yet.

you'll only know the SXRD is for sale here a week before it's due to arrive :cool:
my guess is you'll see it on the Sony Centre U.K website late next week

BandofBrothers

nice....are they (the 55") model FULL 1080p? (I mean 100% totally 1080p, and not some upscaling bs)?

Sorry for the noob question hehe:)

Also, will it be worth getting over my Sony KDFE50A12?

anacz1

Banned
BandofBrothers said:
nice....are they (the 55") model FULL 1080p? (I mean 100% totally 1080p, and not some upscaling bs)?

Sorry for the noob question hehe:)

Also, will it be worth getting over my Sony KDFE50A12?
yes they're full 1080p, but it's 1080p in and 1080p out; it doesn't upscale to 1080p

this tv is twice as expensive as the KDFE50 and it should be (touch wood); twice as good, E.G the JVC 56'' is awesome compared to the FDF50'' and the SXRD is supposed to be even better.

all the reviews i've read tell me the SXRD really is something special, but i wont know for sure until i see it

BandofBrothers

ohh nice

btw is the ps3 1080p out? (proper 1080p??)

This tv could be a good match hehe:thumbsup:

kourosh

Distinguished Member
BandofBrothers said:
ohh nice

btw is the ps3 1080p out? (proper 1080p??)

This tv could be a good match hehe:thumbsup:

yes the ps3 will be 1080 out:thumbsup: it will be ideal;)

N

niko2

anacz1 said:
yes they're full 1080p, but it's 1080p in and 1080p out; it doesn't upscale to 1080p
it does nothing else as scaling to 1080p (if not feeded with 1080p)
:lesson:

anacz1

Banned
kourosh said:
yes the ps3 will be 1080 out:thumbsup: it will be ideal;)
PS3 is designed to work with the SXRD; it'll look stunning, it'll look stunning on the JVC too! :thumbsup:

dea

Novice Member
If a shop in france is already selling them, does anyone have any info about possible UK resellers?

Les

Standard Member
anacz1 said:
I understand what 1080p is, and the TV showing 1080p, but what does '1080p out' mean? Is it something to do with recording a 1080p signal?

anacz1

Banned
Les said:
I understand what 1080p is, and the TV showing 1080p, but what does '1080p out' mean? Is it something to do with recording a 1080p signal?
it means that you'll see the screen image in 1080p; only if the input is 1080p as well.
the tv won't convert to 1080p

say33d

Novice Member
sont centre in manchester pulled a catalouge out showing both the 55 inch and 70 inch sxrd.....they didnt even know it was in there untill i showed them and said they have no idea when it is coming out.... they really know their stuff ;)

anacz1

Banned
say33d said:
sont centre in manchester pulled a catalouge out showing both the 55 inch and 70 inch sxrd.....they didnt even know it was in there untill i showed them and said they have no idea when it is coming out.... they really know their stuff ;)
yea' well that's life, it just depends how enthusiastic you are about the product you sell, just look at that lot that work for Currys; flipping useless every single one of them!

Sony Southampton aren't much better, but at least they know it's arriving in september :cool:

but dont look for the SXRD on the Sony Southampton website late this week, because it's never updated; look only on Sony U.K. that SXRD will be in Southampton long before they update their website!

e.g the new Sony KDF50E2010 is already for sale in the u.k, but it ain't on their website :D

so what's going on?....maybe the Wholesalers are getting the first shipments; or it's for orders in advance of shipments; that are due here in the next few days

therefore my guess is, the SXRD isn't due here for some time; because it's so quiet on the web and the first shipments will arrive in Eastern Europe and spread westward towards the U.K.........a bit like a merchant ship in the year 1347; transporting the deadly `oriental rat flea` .........The Black Death :devil:

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Is the SXRD2 that is about to go on sale in the U.S. what we are going to get over here as the SXRD? or are we being shafted again with old technology.

anacz1

Banned
kbfern said:
Is the SXRD2 that is about to go on sale in the U.S. what we are going to get over here as the SXRD? or are we being shafted again with old technology.
no its the brand new KDS55A2000...the same as the latest American version

Trending threads

Latest news

Best TVs of 2019 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 18th November 2019
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Disney+ hits 10 million subscribers after first 24 hours
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published