Sony SVR-500 Freeview HD Box, problems with new streaming IPTV channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Dumpster, Sep 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Dumpster

Dumpster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just upgraded my broadband to BT Infinity, and my download speeds have gone through the roof. I've connected my Sony Freeview HD box to powerline adaptors, and I can now connect to the TV channels from 110 upwards which require an internet connection.

When I watch these channels, I can see the graphics and hear the audio, but there's no video image for any of the channels.

I know that's a vague problem, but I have updated the firmware of the sony box to the latest version, and can't see anything else I can try - anyone got any ideas on what the issue could be?

Thank you!

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,019
    As I understand it, there is not supposed to be any video on these channels... They are simply data channels which act as command portals to other streaming IP services...and they are not yet fully up and running.... so I do not think you are missing anything.

3. petrev

petrev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    Actually they do work on DigitalStream and SONY boxes running the latest FW. My mother's SONY works with the 110+ channels (but not 117) with Video so don't know why your box doesn't

????

Pete