Sony STRVA55ES

Nobber

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello

anyone know where there is some stock of this player?

thanks

Nobber

If you mean Sony STR-VA555ES it is hard to find, more stock is coming in to Sony end of September ( they say ).
You may find Sony STR-VA333ES is easier to locate, it seems almost the same specification, except for an extra rear speaker channel output , two 7.1 inputs not one 5.1 input, but has one subwoofer out instead of two, hasn't the 2nd room outputs and also the 333 has four fewer Sound Field Programs ( so what ? ) and a different remote.
Whether it is the same as the Sony STR-VA555ES in audio quality is another question, it weighs the same 21kg so isn't a lightweight as 1080 vs 1070. Sony has a track record of releasing inferior updated models so possibly a 333 may not impress Nic Rhodes as 555 did ?
If you mean older STR-V555ES as far as I know they are drying up in Richer Sounds but it's nothing like the VA555ES.

I don't know when it's out but it might worth waiting for the new STR-VZ555ES>
http://www.avland.co.uk/sony/strvz555/index.htm

It has 7 channels and the same spec as the VA555

150W DIN:eek: that is not the same spec as the VA555ES

If those are realistic figures that would be one hell of a receiver

Chimp,

On this forum it is considered good form to declare that you are a dealer when posting.

Most people say good things about your outfit so there's no need to hide :D

yeah soz, its the Sony STR-VA555ES Receiver, I read some tests on this months ago and have been waiting for stock but no one seems to have it, apparently the 333 is not a patch and as for waiting for the STR-VZ555 christ I'll have spent out long before thats available

So no knows where I can buy one now?

thanks

Nobber

bought mine on Saturday from Practical Hifi Manchester , just sat it on the floor so far due to working etc. Managed a day off Thursday to plug and play.

I got my VA555ES from unbeatable.co.uk for £760.00 although it took 2 Months for delivery.

I have seen some of the Sony Centers that have had them in stock, however they are charging full price £1000.

I am currently using the VA555ES with a Sony NS900 and a set of 6 KEF Eggs with REL Q150 and KEF Model 40 Subwoofers and the sound is amazing, the 6th channel making a big difference.

try hotkit.co.uk

A mate of mine ordered one last thurdsay, arrived 2 days ago

Has anyone heard this next to the Denon 3802. What HiFi seem to think the Sony sounds that much better. Whilst I agree this may be the case in stereo (Sony - £1000, Denon £800), I couldn't hear any improvement over the Denon for movies. In fact, with all 7 speakers up and running, the Denon sounded much better.
Views?

I auditioned the sony str-va555es alongside the denon 3802 before buying the sony, it beat the denon on all counts for me-including build quality but it does need running in for a while (it improves a lot) I paid £730.00 for it in early february from sound and vision.

Originally posted by stranger
I paid £730.00 for it in early february from sound and vision.

Early February. I was under the impression it was only out a few months ago. We are talking about the same machine. True DD EX, DTS ES decoding, 6x100w, no the predecessor which was Sony's own version of 6.1 and lacked the ES on the end of the product code.

str-va555es yes the previous one was the v555es. the va555es also has 5.1 and 7.1 inputs and component video switching-I had had an early report of this receiver so was checking with dealers to get an early demo. it's a great receiver and I would have paid more for it if I had had to.

Originally posted by gringottsdirect

Who would know that ?
Just wondering.....

Apparently What HI FI who have tested them both, hopefully with the same set of EARS!

Cheers, me dears

Nobber

Personally, I would look for another review to back that up, as What HiFi's opinions on a piece of kit can change from month to month.

The best thing to do, as always, is to listen with for yourself.

:)

Originally posted by darylbradley
try hotkit.co.uk

A mate of mine ordered one last thurdsay, arrived 2 days ago

thanks daryl spoke to them today ordered, being delivered tomorrow, £749 + carriage

Great can't wait to annoy the neighbours, anyone want to buy a STR930???

Cheers

Nobber

any one know where to download the pdf or a user manual for this beastie

I have tried various Sony sites and can find nothing

question to all you va555 owners?

I'm looking to get this receiver but would like 7.1, so can anyone confirm that if I preout the front 2 channels on the 555 to a hifi amp the remaining internal amps (6no) can drive the centre, 2 surrounds and 2 surround back (1 channel not used)

cheers

Gary

sorry I'm ****ed,

why pre out the fronts, just pre out the back surrounds

Nobber

got my 555 today its awesome!!

question to other owners, does your volume "knob" have a light behind it

thanks
Nobber

Originally posted by gary_cheshire
question to all you va555 owners?

I'm looking to get this receiver but would like 7.1, so can anyone confirm that if I preout the front 2 channels on the 555 to a hifi amp the remaining internal amps (6no) can drive the centre, 2 surrounds and 2 surround back (1 channel not used)

cheers

Gary
this receiver has two pre-outs for two back surrounds (plus pre-outs for all other chanels).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom