Question Sony strdn1080 aerial

soundchip

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

For those who own a Sony strdn1080 with an aerial issue (the silly white lead), I've come across these:

and this

for making an aerial connector.

However, I'm just wondering for those who own this model, anyone got any better ideas? I've got a coaxial socket, it's just how I create the cable!
Do send any links through
Thanks

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I've tried it didn't work very well just gave up and used amazon music via Bluetooth

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for that, though that's sad news!

I'm looking to use the JST connector from the amp, solder the Antenna to the JST cable ends, and then use this connector to screw onto the screw end of the Antenna

Then use a coaxial cable from the coaxial plug into the coaxial wall connection.
Do you think this might work?

I cant believe though there's no one out there that's created a cable for this sort of thing?!

Ok, thanks for that, though that's sad news!

I'm looking to use the JST connector from the amp, solder the Antenna to the JST cable ends, and then use this connector to screw onto the screw end of the Antenna

Then use a coaxial cable from the coaxial plug into the coaxial wall connection.
Do you think this might work?

I cant believe though there's no one out there that's created a cable for this sort of thing?!
You can give it a try it might work for you but for me I'm not that bothered about the radio I just use my amazon echo which gives a good audio and if I what full surround I connect via Bluetooth with my 5.1.2 system which is really good

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom