• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SONY STRDN1040 AV Receiver - £349.95

rdmbfossa

This is now being advertised by Richer Sounds in What Hifi at £299.99. I ordered at £349.95 but Richer Sounds kindly refunded £50.00, great price at £299.99. Still shows at £349.95 on their website by the way so you need to contact them about the reduced price.

womble9

Is that in the magazine? If so I'm glad I didn't bother going to grab one of these today (was so close but a big resogun session put paid to that!) and I'll go tomorrow with a copy of the mag under my arm :).

rdmbfossa

Yes it's in the magazine, I'm sure staff are aware of it you don't need to buy the magazine for proof unless you want a copy anyway.

womble9

Splendid. I'm been dithering about getting one for a little while but this has convinced me that it's meant to be :)!!

rdmbfossa

It's strange how the magazine has been out for a while now and the £299.99 price has been discussed on the internet, yet the website has not been updated and still shows £349.95. I'm not sure of the instore price as I am too far away from one, so I'm not sure if the advert was an error that they have decided to honour for anyone who requests it, or if they plan to reduce the price to £299.99 shortly. There was certainly no problems for me, I sent off an email and got a refund on my card within a couple of days.

womble9

Just called my local (Leeds) branch and they've happily honored the price and popped one to one side for me :).

Gurbinder

Bought this for my younger brother for 289 from richer sounds.

mark orm

hi do you know what issue this ad was in for £299.99.i have junes issue of what hi-fi and it's £349.99.
cheers mark.

Gurbinder

May

womble9

I'd be surprised if RS didn't do you the deal anyway. If it's if any help I've got a photo of the add (afraid I haven't got the actual mag) that I can mail or txt (probably easier) to you if you want?

womble9

Ok pm me your number or mail address (number will be easier as I can do it straight away) and I'll get it over to you matey :)

mark orm

Had to order through tele sales as the stores by me wanted the may issue to give the discount (offer is till 11th may so only had a few days to track a copy down).Tele sales accepted the order for £299.99 no problem :).

Gurbinder

It 299 at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom