• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SONY STRDN 1000 is it any good

Keith Lynn

Standard Member
Hi Guy's...

Looking to upgrade my old AV Receiver for a new & better model.

I have a Pioneer Plasma, PS3 for the BR bit & Free-sat HD Receiver.

Question is, is the Sony STRDN 1000 any good for audio as well as increased picture quantity? i.e. does it have the grunt to perform well?

My budget is around £400.00, so if there are better for less etc then that has to be good.

Thx

Keith

Shetlander

I too am looking at this AMP but looking at the specs it appears no different to the DH800 which can be had for £100 cheaper.

Id be interested to hear from anyone who has actually purchased one of these?

dante01

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

Keith Lynn

Standard Member

Passingbat

Distinguished Member
So in your opinion is this a good model to purchase?

Thx

Unless the STRDN 1000 has any functionality that you need, that the 2400ES doesn't have, it would be the 2400 all the way for me. The 'ES' range is the step up in quality range.

dante01

Distinguished Member
I concur with dicklodge. The STRDA2400ES is the better AV amp.

I expect the price of the STRDN1000 to drop soon. If you are a Richer Sounds VIP member then you can already get it for £20 less than they are advertising it for, but I'd still say that the STRDA2400ES is worth the extra £20.

I concur also, IMHO the 2400ES is the much better of the two, especially at current pricing.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom