Sony strdh750

john18035

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there long time reader of this forum but this is my first post. I just purchased an LG 55 4k tv and an LG 4k bluray player, I want to connect through my Sony strdh 750 I am having issues with the 4k playback when using the amp . I am not getting 4k when using the amp for dts HD or true HD the picture on the tv changes to 1080p, the reason I bought the Sony amp previously was because I knew I would subsequently upgrade my equipment to 4k uhd. I have everything connected as per the instructions, is there anyone could point me in the right direction in baffled by this, Thanks for taking the time to read this

As far as I can see, the HDMI ports are not hdcp 2.2 compatible which means copy protected 4k such as 4k uhd content will not pass through your receiver to the tv and thus downscaled to 1080p, I think that's what it sounds like to me?

Thanks, that is what I was thinking this 4k thing is turning out to be rather expensive, I was looking at the Sony strdn 860 I think this should sort out my problem, seen a used one at a good price, I normally wouldn't buy used amps but having just shelled out for the tv and blu ray player.

Just an after thought really, but are you interested in Dolby Atmos and DTS-X? Could be worth spending a tad more for a receiver with these sound formats, just so your covered?

To be honest I was happy with my Sony strdh 750 sound wise only changing because of the amp not being held 2.2 compliant, I think and hope that the Sony strdn860 is, I am happy with dts HD and Dolby true HD sound just want it to work with my uhd tv and uhd blu ray player

To be honest I was happy with my Sony strdh 750 sound wise only changing because of the amp not being held 2.2 compliant, I think and hope that the Sony strdn860 is, I am happy with dts HD and Dolby true HD sound just want it to work with my uhd tv and uhd blu ray player
I would double check, my av reciever has a hdcp 2.2 compliant HDMI input, but don't think it can pass HDR

Thanks l find this new tech baffling, I'm really pleased with the new tv and bluray player didn't think it would be this difficult to enjoy the HD sound formats

Does your UHD player have 2 HDMI outputs?

Some do so you can one for video direct to the TV and the other for audio to your amp.

Does your UHD player have 2 HDMI outputs?

Some do so you can one for video direct to the TV and the other for audio to your amp.
Yes my uhd player had dual outputs but I'm using it with a 1080p projector at the moment and downscale the uhd discs so I can still get the Dolby Atmos soundtrack etc

Hi Jamie yes my blu ray player has 2 HDMI and I have managed to sort out watching blu ray in 4k with HD sound from amp, also Netflix works perfectly again 4k pic with HD sound from amp. I just need the tv to display the built in freesat with sound from the amp , I don't think this will be a problem as the freesat is just 1080p.The dual HDMI output is definitely the way to go re connecting with the amp. Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom