Sony STRDG820 & Speakers

antmills

Hi all,
Hope someone can advise on a stupid question :)
I've just treated myself to a Sony STRDG820 Receiver (Delivered this morning) and am now looking for surround speakers - I had a 5.1 setup with my Sony STRDG500 so am going to use the same speakers for this for Front, Centre, Rear and Sub but am looking for some extra rears now for the extra 2 channels. looking at the spec of the receiver its power output is 110Wx7, however, most surround speakers I have found are way below this power-wise but still 8ohm - is this right or am i looking for the wrong thing ?
Cheers

wonza

Standard Member
I just bought this same reciever, but dont have any speakers at all. Can anyone recommend me a package for around the £200 mark? Thanks :thumbsup:

skatch

Standard Member
just bought the same amp, should be delivered tomorrow.

the set of speakers i bought are listed in the power buy specials here,

i've gone for the movie 60cx's

Movie 60 CX - Movie Series - CANTON pure Music (en)

http://www.avforums.com/forums/spea...s/195561-canton-powerbuy-avforum-members.html

have a read through the thread, all 200 pages of it and see if anything takes your fancy, very positive reviews for all those canton speakers, great specs for the money too. PM Jake the private seller of the speakers, very friendly chap, will help u out i'm sure.

another set i was looking at was;

Pioneer S-V410 Compact 5.1 Speaker Set: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

just wouldnt suit my room, which is why i've gone for the movies 60cx's, perfect for my setup, and pack the same punch.

hope this helps, will try give some feedback on setup tomo if i have time to set it up etc.

Skat

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom