Sony STRDE495 receiver-help with connections?

Hi everyone, just found this forum and it looks like my queries will at last be answered all being well!..I've just bought a second-hand SONY STRDE495 receiver and want to connect up my PS3 120gb slim, VIRGIN+HD box and LG 50PS3000 HDTV. Obviously, with it being an older model receiver, it doesn't have HDMI connectivity but was wondering what to do about connecting all three of my things up as it only has one digital optical connection. Just need to know whether to buy one digital optical and one digital coaxial and god knows what else?!!! Want the best sound quality possible obviously! Please help guys!! Thanks. Pete :) I can't stay on this site for long so if someone could help me, please send me an answer to my [email protected] or text me on 07989 660538 I'll be eternally grateful!

Last edited:

PSM1

Distinguished Member
If the virgin box has a coaxial output then you can use this. Coxial and optical connections give basically the same sound quality so can connect with either and you will get the same sound.
For the PS3 you will need optical and the TV you can either use an optical or the stereo phono connection. You can buy optical splitters which will mean you can plug multiple optical devices into your one input.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom