Sony STRDB940 Amp Multi Channel Decoding Blue Light On Front Panel

J

jtaylor

Hello

Would anyone know how I can activate my multi-channel decoding blue light. Is there something in the settings menu that would activate the blue light, I have already checked my speaker cables and the + and - are fine. If anyone has any knowledge about this can you please contact me.

Many Thanks James

TOM ALLEN

The blue light will illuminate only when it receives a Dolby Digital or DTS signal, you'll have to check if your DVD player is connected correctly(digital coax/5.1 analogue) or check the set up menu on the DVD player.......I think that covers it.:rtfm: and Good Luck

J

jtaylor

Hello

I have a precision coxial cable running from the dvd 5.1 to the amp 5.1 dvd input and could you also please tell me what I should do in the dvd input menu as I have tried everything so far, and will the multi-channel work with 5.1.

Thanks for the other reply

Thanks James

Cable Monkey

Novice Member
It should be didgital co-axial out of the player to the same into the amp. Set the output digital stream to bitstream and when switched to DVD on the amp it should autodetect the signal. As stated above this should all be in the manual and without it you can't even come close to setting your amp up properly. Do you have the manual?

J

jtaylor

Hello

I do have the manual, This is how i have done it I have a sony dvp/s735d with a strdb940 amp I am running this system with one mission center speaker and one coxial cable into both 5.1's would the light still activate with only one speaker.

Regards James

J

jtaylor

I have now sorted the problem thanks to both of your help.

Regards James

THREAD CLOSED