1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony STRDB2000

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by weleasewoger, Jul 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. weleasewoger

weleasewoger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Has any one got this amp or seen a review of it? I'm replacing a Sony DB930 which is my brothers and I want another Sony to go with my NS930B dvd player but I can't find a single review of it anywhere.....

Also looking at the Denon 2803 or the new Yamaha AX750SE...

Thanks

2. monkeylegs

monkeylegs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same as me!! :thumbsup: Ive also been looking at the Denon AVR-3805, has anyone got one yet, what do you think about it?

3. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yamaha is very good i was impressed with this one, denon is OK but is selling at good prices at the momment though so would probably be better value. Personal opinion says avoid sony's new models.

4. weleasewoger

weleasewoger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My brother has the 3805 - its awesome, picks up every little
    detail and is very powerful.

5. ShortNick

ShortNick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

Replaced my DB925 with this amp about 2 months ago and finally got my new speakers for 6.1. First off, I think it is a very good amp. Straight out of the box with Mirage AVS 500 speakers in a converted garage size room it sounds great. Tweaked it a bit for speaker size and distances though. More sound steering than 925 and the LFE channel is much more obvious. In fact, explosions never sounded so good! Using 2 speakers for rear centre channel (wired from same post on amp). Got a couple of Omni-Sat Micros for front L & R now, and I am well chuffed with the whole set up. Must admit though I only auditioned other amps in the shop (Superfi in Lincoln), but the guy in there wanted to sell me the 2000 rather than the more expensive Pioneer 912. He has the same amp at home and reckons it is the best he's heard at that price (£350). I am more than happy with it in all respects apart from the fact that the remote does not have as many features and functions as the 925's. Still works my other AV kit though (DVD Player, video and minidisc deck). Hope this helps.

6. Steel

Steel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I completely agree with ShortNick. I have STR-DB2000 and I am happy with it. This receiver sounds very impressive. It is a very good choice. :thumbsup:
    ____
    Sony DVP-NS930, Sony STR-DB2000, KEF KHT-2005.2