1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony strdb2000 any info ???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by SILVERBACK, Nov 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    my mate has been waiting for this to come out since july,he has a loaner amp at the minute from the A/V shop he placed his order from because he simply couldnt wait to get 5.1 lol,but the amp is being delayed beyond a joke.so does anyone one know anything about this amp or have any weblinks to where i can see the REMOTE every pic i have seen is of the amp and no remote.thanks in advance

2. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Since July? - that's nothing! I orginally ordered a STRDB1080 from HiFiBitz in March, but they weren't available. They then told me that the STRDB2000 would be replacing the 1080 and would be available shortly. That was June.

Anyway, this is the latest info on the 2000 from HiFiBitz :-

Hi there,

Sony sent us an update of expected dates for delivery on the 2000's, the delays have been due to a `launch delay' We still haven't got a confirmed date (or month for that matter)when to expect our back orders but Sony have told us that they are expecting 400 silver in November, and 750 silver in December, but it depends where we are in the `pecking' order!

God know were I'm in this "pecking" order!

3. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    jesus lol you gotta love SONY aint you,the amps are outdated before they even release a new one lol.that is the same story as my mate by the way,he was set to buy the 1080 and was told of the 2000 so he decided to hang on bad move.

4. Arsenal

Arsenal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  5. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    cheers for the link mate.good win for your lot to today

6. itolson1

itolson1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mine arrived yesterday, the remote seems to have been missed off all the photo's as it has no LCD !!!.

that was a bit of a dissapointment but the one that comes with it does work with sony gear and seems to work better the the older types.

it has a lot more accessable buttons rather then moving around a menu.

the amp itself does sound very very good in movie mode, i have not had a chance to try it with any cd's.

it does look quite nice but in my opion not as good as the older amps it replaces.

it is not as heavy as well, you could look at that either way either there is less in there and they have scrimped to keep the cost down or they have some new techology with weighs alot less.

on the whole its a thumbs up for the price, the remote could be a little more top notch for the top of the range qs model but the supplied remote works.

the comonpent pass through is a good touch but it cannot convert s-video to component.

i hope this helps.

7. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    cheers itolson1 my mate got his a few weeks ago and like yourself he was very dissapointed with the remote,considering the remote from the 1080 was a lot better i thought they might have gone the extra mile or indeed stuck with the same old remote.i also was surprised at how light it was my old 830 was about 16kg if i remember right and i think this 2000 weighs in at around 12kg.like you said you can look at it 2 ways i guess just not sure which way would be the correct way to look at it lol,would be very interesting to find out if its just cheapness or new technology inside it though ?

8. xcntalien

xcntalien
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I can't seem to find any on-line reviews of this receiver or pictures of the remote...Can anyone who has actually got one help ?

9. pcookie

pcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Guys,
    The reason the 2000 is so light is due to the Smaster digital amps which are much smaller and lighter than their analogue counterparts. In fact the 790 is heavier desite having less power but conventional amplification. As for looks, I think thse new amps are far better than their previous counterparts as they now actually match the style of all the other QS components. Just want to know how they sound with stereo and I might take the plunge.

pcookie