1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony strdb1070 - forced DTS

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by SPYTHON, Sep 5, 2002.

Tags:
  1. SPYTHON

SPYTHON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is there anyway I can force the 1070 into dts mode, I have a pioneer 262d which won't talk to it

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    You can't "force" the 1070 into DTS mode unfortunately. It's probably a problem with set up if the signal isn't being played back properly. A few things to check would be:-

1) Not sure if you're DVD player has a built in decoder off the top of my head, but if it does, you may need to tell it that you're amp has it's own so that it outputs the DTS bitstream as opposed to deciding it internally and sending out through the 6ch output.

2) Have you selected the DTS soundtrack on the disc itself, or are you just trying to cycle through the audio options on the DVD player by using the "audio" button? In a lot of cases manual selection is required from somewhere in the menu on the DVD otherwise you can't access DTS.

3) Is Dolby Digital working properly? - If not it could be down to the digital input on the amp not being assigned correctly. To do this connect a digital cable between the DVD player and the amp and using the "Audio Split" button on the front of the amp select the relevant digital input when amp is set to DVD.

Sorry if some of these pointers sound a little patronising but you'd be amazed at how many "problems" are actually just basic things...

Hope this helps. Kelvin.

3. SPYTHON

SPYTHON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nah,
    DD is fine, its just that the DTS signal does not get detected, and I've heard that the 626D's can have problems with newer DTS-ES
    chipset receivers, I was hoping I could force the sony into a DTS Mode.........

what makes it worse is that her indoors says that I can't change the DVD Player is we paid 320 for it...

so I may well have to find an amp it will work with, which is a shame as I like the 1070's sound

4. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: A bit drastic I think...

I'm fairly sure you'll find that it's a setup issue. I've never heard of any known faults re. compatability issues between Sony and Pioneer (or anyone else for that matter) so I'd recommend spending some time wading through setup options for both DVD and Amp before you go to the extent of changing. Give it a chance...

Just my tuppence.

5. SPYTHON

SPYTHON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    My gut feeling is it's a setup issue.Is the disc DTS encoded ? Is the 1070 picking up the flag ? ie have you chosen dts from the disc sound format ??

7. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,528
    is DTS enabled in DVD player setup, as usually default is off.

8. SPYTHON

SPYTHON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dts disk, dts enabled, talks to my sisters amp (Panasonic SAHE9),
    and her player talks to my DB1070

so I think i'm stuffed, unless I can manage to get the firmware upgraded on my pioneer, its an older one (october 1999), does
    anyone have a newer one which doesn't exibit the problem with
    dts -es amps