1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony STRDB 930 remote - LG TV code

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by khalilk, Jan 23, 2003.

Tags:
  1. khalilk

khalilk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Howdy to everyone in audio video land,

I have a Sony STRDB 930 which has a learning remote that came with it , I have sony dvd player , sony vcr and used to own a sony tv but now have a LG TV ...therefore i now would very much like to programme my sony strdb930's remote (which is a two way remote control that can learn) so that i can control the LG TV.

can any one help. I no longer have the user instructions ...were lost in house move or should i say continent move from Europe to Australia!

look forward to suggestions ....thanks

2. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I too have this receiver. The remote is only 2-way to communicate with the receiver. It CANNOT learn from other remotes as is my understanding. Therefore, you get the receiver to programme the remote so the receiver has to have the codes which come built in.

As far as I know they didn't futuer proof the receiver to add further info via, for example, a PC link.

3. khalilk

khalilk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Howdy ...

Funkymonkey you said that the remote that came with the strdb 930 am which is a two way remote does not learn ! ...i have come across on one of the option on the remote where its headed "LEARN" whats that for ?

will this allow for it to be programmed for use with my LG TV ?

really really hope so ....

if any one help ....your help will be appriciated.

Thanx.