1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony STRDB-930 and DTS DVD Films

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by GreenGoblin, Feb 26, 2001.

Tags:
  1. GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

Really having problems with DTS films and my Sony STRDB930 Dolby Digital Amplifier. I recentley purchased 12 Monkeys DTS version. I stuck the film into my DVD player (Sony 725) and choose the DTS soundtrack, yet when the film started there was no Blue Light and only the front speakers (left, right and centre) came up on the LCD display and the DTS letters didn't even appear on the amps LCD Display? Anyone got any ideas as this is really pi**ing me off as I really want to listen to a film recorded in DTS as opposed to DD.
    Can anyone explain to me whats going on? Am I doing something wrong?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 930 amp and have no problems with getting dts out of it. The only things I can think of is that you have not selected dts on either the discs menu or the audio set up on the player

3. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I once fell for the same thing...Doh!
    My Sony strdb930 works fine with dts once you select it properly using the audio menu on the dvd!!
    Doh..(again)
    PS I think the 930 amp is fab!

4. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    P.S
    Let us know if it was a technical fault or just you making the same mistake I did.
    Come on tell the truth..lets have a laugh...
    cheers
    Pete

5. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Is this your first DTS disc? If so you may need to go into the dvd player sound options menu (not the DVD disc menu) and enable dts output. I had to do this on my Sony 325 player. Don't ask me why it isn't enabled from the start on the player like PCM and Dolby Digital(Does anyone else know a valid reason why not?)

Try setting the surround mode for your DVD input to Auto Format Decode (AFD). Maybe someone changed the mode to 2CH by accident?

Hope this helps.

------------------
    Don't be a don't be.......Be a do be!
    HomePage - http://gofree.indigo.ie/~deveney

6. paul mac

paul mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If none of the above works try renting "Gladitor" and try that, I've heard of some discs that are ment to be DTS but don't output the correct signals. I'VE got an 840 amp and Gladitor works in DTS mode. The blue light illuminates and DTS appears on the amp display. [really pi**ing me off as I really want to listen to a film recorded in DTS as opposed QUOTE]Originally posted by GreenGoblin:
    Guys,

Really having problems with DTS films and my Sony STRDB930 Dolby Digital Amplifier. I recentley purchased 12 Monkeys DTS version. I stuck the film into my DVD player (Sony 725) and choose the DTS soundtrack, yet when the film started there was no Blue Light and only the front speakers (left, right and centre) came up on the LCD display and the DTS letters didn't even appear on the amps LCD Display? Anyone got any ideas as this is to DD.
    Can anyone explain to me whats going on? Am I doing something wrong?
    [/QUOTE]