1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony STRDA5000ES vs Yamaha RX-V2500B

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by alpina, May 2, 2005.

?

Which receiver would you purchase?

Poll closed May 9, 2005.
  1. Sony STRDA5000ES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yamaha RX-V2500B

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. alpina

alpina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

After following the group for a while I've decided to purchase a new receiver. Deciding between the Sony and Yamaha and would like your comments.

Regards,

Julie

2. alpina

alpina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    guys,

are these models specific to the australian market? little surprised i haven't had many responses.

btw, i can get a really good price on the sony and thats an important consideration for me also.

thanks

julie

3. morksbeanbag

morksbeanbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I'm usually biased towards sony gear but i've heard alot of good things about these yamaha's. Also they have YPAO auto setup microphone which makes the setup a mile simpler, wish i had that.

However the sony will still be a brilliant amp and if you really can't afford the yamaha then that'd be the one i would get.

they're not specific the australian market. Just laziness guess.

What are you matching the new reciever up with?

Ben.

4. alpina

alpina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi ben

thanks for your comments.

retail wise in australia the sony is AUS$2999 and the Yamaha AUS$2499. at present i can get the sony for considerably less than the yamaha. i know that the new yamaha 1500/2500 (sept release) will have hdmi but cant wait.

really wont to use the receiver as a big switch box. sub will be a yamaha yst-sw515b, yet to decide on other speakers - possibly cantons. tv is 50in 40 series fujitsu and the rest is yet to be decided though hope to use a hdmi dvd and run the rest from receiver to tv via components.

currently working on entertainment unit to house it all :) want it all set up for hubbies birthday in july :)

thanks

julie

5. alpina

alpina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so are there any satisfied sony strda5000es among us?

cheers,

julie

6. morksbeanbag

morksbeanbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    how much less is 'considerably' less?

if your making a good saving then go with the Sony. I have the STR-VA555ES which the 5000ES replaced and i love it. The ES range from sony is very high quality. Make sure you get it in gold if possible. Looks loads better.