Sony STRDA1200ES availability

macwaters

Standard Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the 1200ES is available anywhere to order and receive before christmas for £350 or less? I stupidly looked at it on Play.com and thought I'll order that in a week or so and then it was sold out. Same with Richer sounds. It does seem that there's no new stock coming into the country until after Christmas. Maybe someone knows better??

Doug

I ordered the 3200ES from Superfi at the end of last week, at the time the site said it was in stock. But looking at previous comments from users who have used Superfi it can take them between 2-10 days for them to actually tell you if its out of stock, so if your wanting it before Christmas they might be worth avoiding.

My order has been in the processing status for the last couple of days, one would have thought they might actually have known by now whether the item is in stock or not, but I wouldnt be surprised if it isnt. Anyway I will have to wait and see.

Well, I don't know the ins and outs of buying from europe, but the STRDA can be bought delivered for £300 from germany, do a google.de on it and there are a number of retailers offering it for 420 euros, 445 with delivery to the uk.

Maybe someone could advise if this is a good or bad idea?

Got mine delivered last wk from stoneaudio!! £345 plus £5 or so delivery! Next day delivery as well:thumbsup:

Speak to Richer Sounds. They had some in stock. Walked in the same day and took mine off the shelf for £350.

In the Latest What Hifi mag, it says they are £299 in the Richer Sounds ad. Clearly states, £100 off. :smashin:

I ordered mine about a month ago from Krishav - £339, next day delivery. Perfect service, arrived as promised the very next day.

Had previously enquired at SuperFi, told it was in stock but would take 10 days to deliver - LOL! I wish bricks and mortar retailers would get their act together when 'playing' in the clicks and mortar retail space - if an item is in stock there is no reason why it should take 10 days to deliver. The logistics business in the UK is excellent and there are many many secure delivery services available for use - especially when 'we' the customer, are willing to pay premium prices for premium delivery, not the retailer. I also had a similar problem with Superfi when ordering my new AV rack, I rang and checked it was in-stock, ordered it, then rang the next day to check delivery and told they were not in stock and would take 14 days... Promptly cancelled and took my £400 notes elsewhere.

To back up what other members have said, I've used this bit of kit for about a month now and I am completely delighted with it, I'm not a technical junkie when it comes to facts and figures as I believe your own eyes and ears are the only true test - in my set up with a Sony 46W, AE Aego T's, Sky HD etc. It rocks!

Just wish I had the remote code for the Sky handset that would work the receiver volume....:lease:

In summary, if you're struggling to locate one of these, be patient and shop around as I did, it'll be well worth the wait and the effort. It's still making me grin like a child every day!

I picked my one up yesterday from Sony Center, I did go in on Sunday but all sold out. The sales chap said they only get about two at a time when the orders come in, I reserved and paid for mine on Sunday and got it Tuesday.
Although its pricey at £400 I got the guy to give me 1GB mem card!
:thumbsup:

I doubt they'd sell them THAT cheap. Most likely it's a typo or a publicity stunt. Richer Sounds can't get hold of any more for some time anyway - just like any other av retailer. Why you'd sell them so cheap when there is so much demand for them puzzles me too.

Anyway like i said, it's pointless quoting those prices when you don't have any stock.

It's no typo, it can be had for £299, is also advertised with PRC at £299.... :smashin:
But I guess the stock levels may be long leed time:(

It's no typo, it can be had for £299, is also advertised with PRC at £299.... :smashin:
But I guess the stock levels may be long leed time:(

:nono: PRC website says £419.95 for Black model and £399 for Silver. Must have changed the price.

Well it must REALLY be Christmas. I phoned Richer sounds and after them saying earlier there was no stock, suddenly they had a couple around the UK that had not been taken after being reserved. They sent up one from Exeter to Reading, honoured the price in the What Hi-Fi advert and I walked away with a silver one for £300. It's bloody marvellous. Cheers Richer sounds you came up trumps, I forgive you for selling me a mini-disc player all those years ago.....:thumbsup:

Doug

Quick question... does the 1200 do upscaling? Seen one review that said yes and one that said no. Asked in the Sony shop and the spotty yuf .. said " Erm think so "

Helpful.

No it doesn't do upscaling. I believe you need the 5200 for that.

If you prsent what hi fi magazine to richer sounds you will get this for £299. I spoke to local RS rep and he said their warehouse had some in stock but it was with the engineers to change the plugs etc ?? He reckons these should be delievered from the end of the week to next week

Well it must REALLY be Christmas. I phoned Richer sounds and after them saying earlier there was no stock, suddenly they had a couple around the UK that had not been taken after being reserved. They sent up one from Exeter to Reading, honoured the price in the What Hi-Fi advert and I walked away with a silver one for £300. It's bloody marvellous. Cheers Richer sounds you came up trumps, I forgive you for selling me a mini-disc player all those years ago.....:thumbsup:

Doug

Tried this today in Holborn RS. No joy, in fact they were useless! They were genuinely surprised that 299 was quoted in What Hi-Fi. They couldn't let me know when they'd get any stock and didn't try to phone any other stores. They couldn't care less, then tried in vain to up-sell me to a crappy Pioneer receiver.

Great customer service guys.

Anyway, toying with the idea of buying one off Play but a bit put off by customs’ charges. Hope to get one soon... My Canton 150qx speakers should be arriving soon.

lemons do you have the name of that german site, for the £300 deal.Would it be an english version though, i mean with the connections and the mains plug.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom