1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony STR795 or Pioneer VSX-D814

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Desiboy501, Sep 27, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Desiboy501

Desiboy501
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

Which amp would you go for? Mostly for movies!! Im torn between two options here!! They are around the same price range (I can get them for around the same anyway) and similar spec. They will be paired up with the Bose AM15 II speaker system (dont laugh!!). Any advice guys as im totally confused and need some advice.

I know the Pioneer comes with the Microphone for auto-room setup. Is this really a good/useful feature??

Thanks in advance

Raash

2. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest im not fully accounted with the Sony but i have heard the Pioneer Demo'd and was entirely unimpressed. There is no delicacy to anything it does its about boom and with the speakers you have (im not laughing i swear) you need a more delicate touch. So i would say the sony is a better choice. I think there are guides on yere to help set the Sony up and most of it will be common sense with it being a Sony. But you might want to consider the new Denon 1905 or the 1705 they are both good and a touch more nicer to look at.