1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony STR-LV500 with ELAC Sub 101 ESP plus Sats

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gdean, Dec 23, 2004.

Tags:
  1. gdean

gdean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - wondered if any one was in position to advise a newcomer...

I've acquired a Sony STR-LV500 receiver and ELAC 5.1 speakers - Elac Sub 101 ESP plus sats. I'm wondering how best to connect everything up - a few questions:

1. Shoud I route DVD (and others?) video output directly to TV - or route everything through the receiver?

2. The receiver has direct outputs for speakers plus direct output for sub - is it sensible to follow this configuration - or use the sub in sub/sat mode with sats hanging off sub?

Any advice with this particular set up most welcome!

Cheers,
    Graham

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    Welcome to the forums Graham :thumbsup:

Connect all of your speakers to the receiver using speaker cable and the sub using subwoofer cable i.e. follow your first recommendation.

You can connect all of your video sources to the television and run the audio to the receiver.

I'm not sure whether your reciever has a video convertor, if it does it may be worth putting all of your sources through the reciever which will make it easier when switching from one source to another!

3. gdean

gdean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally made it back from leave etc.... Thanks for advice Telstar - all now set up and sounds just fine!! I should have done this a long time ago.....

Now I'm thinking about DVD-Audio, oh dear! Just as well my player (toshiba sd-220e) doesn't appear to support it....

Thanks again.

Graham