Sony STR-GG910 - connecting to Sky HD and DVD Recorder

azz1951

Standard Member
I currently have a Sony STR-940 amp and I have been really pleased with it. However, I am now upgrading to HD and I am buying a Panasonic TH50PZ70 plasma TV and a Panasonic DMR-EX77 DVD Recorder. I will also be getting Sky HD. I have therefore ordered a new STR-DG910 amp. My question is how to connect all of these up via the 910? Do I take a HDMI from the Sky box to the amp and a scart from the sky box to the DVD Recorder? Then HDMI from the DVD to the 910? Any info from anybody with a similar setup would be much appreciated.

chic

Distinguished Member
I currently have a Sony STR-940 amp and I have been really pleased with it. However, I am now upgrading to HD and I am buying a Panasonic TH50PZ70 plasma TV and a Panasonic DMR-EX77 DVD Recorder. I will also be getting Sky HD. I have therefore ordered a new STR-DG910 amp. My question is how to connect all of these up via the 910? Do I take a HDMI from the Sky box to the amp and a scart from the sky box to the DVD Recorder? Then HDMI from the DVD to the 910? Any info from anybody with a similar setup would be much appreciated.

the best way would be to connect the skyhd to the hdmi input marked "sat" and also connect the optical cable from sky hd to the opical in marked "sat"

The dvd recorder i would leave connected to the tv with rgb scart for the best picture and i would just connect the digital audio to the 910 using either coax or optical.

azz1951

Standard Member
Will I be able to record from Sky onto the DVD HDD if it is not directly connected to the Sky HD box?

chic

Distinguished Member
Will I be able to record from Sky onto the DVD HDD if it is not directly connected to the Sky HD box?

sky has 2 scarts a rgb tv scart, this goes to your tv and a vcer scart.

So you could put the vcr scart from sky straight to the dvd recorder as this will allow you to record sky, and then take the tv scart from sky to the tv and then connect the scart out from your dvd recorder to the tv.

Or you can take the tv scart from sky and put it to the dvd recorder and then take the scart out from the recorder to the tv. If you do it this way you only need 1 scart connected to the tv, but to watch sky your recorder must be switched on and switched to the scart input.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom