Sony STR-DN1080 Remote Control

pinochio65

Hi all Members, recently I purchased a new Sony STR-DN1080 AV / Receiver from Peter Tyson dealers, At first when I was installing the unit I had problems when connecting a HDMI (ARC to ARC) in the end I had to install from the ARC on the receiver to Input 1, I lost one Input on the television. Now I am having problems with the Remote control, The problem is an intermittent fault, when I switch my TV, Freesat & the AV receiver ON, after a while the AV Remote control decides to stop & freezes, I have exchanged the batteries several times, went to purchase Sony batteries no change. Peter Tyson personnel have been excellent in trying to solve the issue, they even sent a new Remote Control but the issue was not resolved. I even contacted Sony directly, the service was useless, I would have to take the Receiver to the nearest agents, one agent about 50 miles away & the other agent would be about 80 to 100 miles, Sony would not send an engineer to my address, even the unit was under guarantee.
Peter Tyson dealers have requested me to return the unit for inspection & rectify the fault hopefully. I was wondering if anybody is familiar with this problem ??????
Awaiting any response or comment,

Regards :- PINOCHIO65

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom