Sony STR-DN1080 Owner's experience

Dareius

Novice Member
Hi all.
I have an issue playing simple Dolby Digital+ or DD(not atmos) via arc connected to my 2017 Samsung Tv. I noticed that my older Sony str via optical cable make surround speakers sound better and all the time. When I use DTS for music the sound is basically the same of the older receiver, with surround working all time. Why this is happening? Have you got any suggestions? I am a little frustated. P.s. this issue isn't happening when using PS4 playing games in Dolby Digital, only with streaming service built in in the TV sounds like missing something.

unoduo

Standard Member
Have you checked the sound output options on your tv? Now you are using an hdmi connection rather than optical you might need to change something.

You can also check that you are using the relevant sound field on the 1080 when watching tv - AFD for 5.1 Dolby content, Dolby Surround for 2 channel Is good place to start.

Dareius

Novice Member
Thanks you for your suggestions, the receiver Is connected in ARC. The TV output DD+ in 5.1 so I put direct as sound field. AFD upmix in Dolby surround my content because TV unluckily doesn't support Atmos, so i don't usually use It.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom