Sony str-dn1080 atmos speaker settings

Geoff Doughty

Standard Member
Hi everyone, can someone please let me know what speaker settings I need for my dolby atmos upfiring speakers. I have a sony str-dn1080 and a 5.1.2 set up. I have had so many conflicting opinions. Do I set atmos speakers to front height or front middle?. I basically want to hear atmos sound tracks to the best my system will allow. Thanks in advance.

dion 6

Hi everyone, can someone please let me know what speaker settings I need for my dolby atmos upfiring speakers. I have a sony str-dn1080 and a 5.1.2 set up. I have had so many conflicting opinions. Do I set atmos speakers to front height or front middle?. I basically want to hear atmos sound tracks to the best my system will allow. Thanks in advance.
Hi hope this helps
FDL Front Dolby Atmos
enabled left speaker
Produces sounds from the top middle left/right channels
and reflects these sounds off the ceiling. Enables playing
back sounds of Dolby Atmos 3D movies without the need to
install ceiling speakers. FDR Front Dolby Atmos
enabled right speaker

Its in the speaker settings in the manual for upfiring speakers download it and have a read

Geoff Doughty

Standard Member
Hi hope this helps
FDL Front Dolby Atmos
enabled left speaker
Produces sounds from the top middle left/right channels
and reflects these sounds off the ceiling. Enables playing
back sounds of Dolby Atmos 3D movies without the need to
install ceiling speakers. FDR Front Dolby Atmos
enabled right speaker

Its in the speaker settings in the manual for upfiring speakers download it and have a read
Thank you dion 6. Are there any other settings I need to be aware of when playing a dolby atmos sound track. Would it be best to keep AFD on at all times.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom