Sony STR-DN1040 and 24bit 96khz via optical?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by mirrorman, Feb 19, 2014.

1. mirrorman

mirrorman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi,I have quite a few flac files that are 24bit 96khz hires and i'm waiting for this usb external sound card to arrive
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD - Sound card - 24-bit - 96 kHz - 114 dB SNR - ste | eBay
    and my goal is to play 24bit 96khz stereo files from my laptop via external sound card via optical out on card to optical in
    on my Sony STR DN-1040 and play through my Tannoy V4's.
    So my question is will the optical cable be able to carry the 24bit 96khz signal from the sound card and the amp display LPCM 96KHZ 2.0.
    Thanks in advance for any info.

2. mirrorman

mirrorman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thought i'd answer my own post being as nobody else has chipped in with any info.
    I'd just like say the card arrived yesterday Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB Audiophile Sound Card - Creative Labs (UK)
    and it was fairly easy to set up and is working a treat,and does everything that i wanted it to do and amp is reading out LPCM 96khz when playing my
    flac hires music files.
    Also audio sounds excellent from my laptop via soundcard via optical to SonySTR-DN1040 via Tannoy V4's.