Quantcast

Sony STR DH800

Telstar20012

Standard Member
Hey all.

I have a Sony STR DH800 which has failed. The HDMI video board is knackered ( I think. I have posted about this problem but not getting any feed back)

My question is this: If I use component video going to my TV will I still be able to plug my Sky and Blu-ray in the Amp via HDMI.

Will I lose quality at all?

Cheers.

I also have an Optical cable.

Last edited:

Scotty Pro

How old is the amp, probably a couple of year I would guess. If I were you I would chase up a repair, a piece of modern day electronic kit should last longer than a couple of years.

Who did you buy it from ?

If it was Richer Sounds or any other reputable dealer I would definitely try to get them to repair it under the sale of goods act ;)

Scotty Pro

Hi Scotty Pro.

Yes it was bought from Richersounds, but I bought it from a private seller on Ebay
Well if you have the receipt I would try to get it repaired, Richer Sounds are actually a good firm to deal with when it comes to repairs.

I took out the 5 year warranty when I bought mine, just for peace of mind :smashin: and if I don't use it I can get my money back :clap:

As to your original question, you have nothing to lose by trying, BTW have you another HDMI lead to try on the amp HDMI output ?

Telstar20012

Standard Member
Well if you have the receipt I would try to get it repaired, Richer Sounds are actually a good firm to deal with when it comes to repairs.

I took out the 5 year warranty when I bought mine, just for peace of mind :smashin: and if I don't use it I can get my money back :clap:

As to your original question, you have nothing to lose by trying, BTW have you another HDMI lead to try on the amp HDMI output ?
No receipt :blush: ( Have messaged the seller though and asked for it ) Lesson learned.

I have a 5yr warranty with them for my Blu-ray.

I have tried another lead and also plugged my sky and bd into the tv and all is fine.

When I use the amp I have no picture and the sound is intermttent.