• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Sony STR DH790 5.1 issue

rich tee

When watching DVDs or Netflix the amp displays Dolby Surround, not DD, which I guess is DD 5.1, I have 5.1 set up in the system.

Should I press Direct to get DD 5.1, the display does dark and briefly displays DD then the orange light lights up, but I'm never sure it's the correct setting.
Thanks.

zjm

Standard Member
When watching DVDs or Netflix the amp displays Dolby Surround, not DD, which I guess is DD 5.1, I have 5.1 set up in the system.

Should I press Direct to get DD 5.1, the display does dark and briefly displays DD then the orange light lights up, but I'm never sure it's the correct setting.
Thanks.
I have this issue and i think its a bug if you change to nureal x the display will.change to dd+ which i believe is the correct ouput.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom