Question Sony STR-DH190 Amp bi-wiring with Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 - can I?

thewiccaman

Standard Member
Reaction score
As the title says, is it possible to bi-wire from my Wharfedale Diamond 9.1speakers - they have 4 posts/terminals - with the STR-DH190?

The STR-DH190 only has single connectors/terminals for either speakers A or B. So do I put two ends from each Wharfedale speaker into the single L & R connectors for speaker A or is bi-wiring not possible?

I hope you follow because I'm confused 🤔

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Don't bother with bi-wiring. It will bring little if any audio improvement and all your are essentially doing to moving the crossover from the speakers to the amp. Wire as a single cable connection and make sure the jumper bars are firmly in place. Four posts on most speakers are there as a fashion item more than a usable one.

Don't bother with bi-wiring. It will bring little if any audio improvement and all your are essentially doing to moving the crossover from the speakers to the amp. Wire as a single cable connection and make sure the jumper bars are firmly in place. Four posts on most speakers are there as a fashion item more than a usable one.
Thanks for the advice. Bi-wiring seems to be something of a buzz term at the moment!

The sound from the Sony amp with the Wharfedales is excellent as is.

Hello

I got the same products as you here. I am no good at all this speakers and wiring stuff.

I got 4 connectors in my speakers and single connectors on my Sony DH190. Can someone display how I can connect it up correctly please?

Hello

I got the same products as you here. I am no good at all this speakers and wiring stuff.

I got 4 connectors in my speakers and single connectors on my Sony DH190. Can someone display how I can connect it up correctly please?
You have two sets of spring connectors on the Sony, top row marked A and bottom row marked B. Connect the top row A to the speakers. Connect red on the Sony to the bottom red binding post on the speaker. Connect black on the Sony to the bottom black binding post on the speaker. Same for both speakers. Make sure the solid bar that connects the top pair to the bottom and is tightly screwed down.

With the speaker wire itself bare around half an inch of wire and twist together making sure there are no stray wires touching the chassis of the amp.

Thank you for your help. Manage to resolve this issue for me, from reading your reply in my other post bridging bars are for single wires connectors makes sense now. Thank you once again for your help, I can now peacefully enjoy my music once again.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom