Question Sony STR-DH190 Amp bi-wiring with Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 - can I?

thewiccaman

As the title says, is it possible to bi-wire from my Wharfedale Diamond 9.1speakers - they have 4 posts/terminals - with the STR-DH190?

The STR-DH190 only has single connectors/terminals for either speakers A or B. So do I put two ends from each Wharfedale speaker into the single L & R connectors for speaker A or is bi-wiring not possible?

I hope you follow because I'm confused 🤔

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

gibbsy

Don't bother with bi-wiring. It will bring little if any audio improvement and all your are essentially doing to moving the crossover from the speakers to the amp. Wire as a single cable connection and make sure the jumper bars are firmly in place. Four posts on most speakers are there as a fashion item more than a usable one.

thewiccaman

Don't bother with bi-wiring. It will bring little if any audio improvement and all your are essentially doing to moving the crossover from the speakers to the amp. Wire as a single cable connection and make sure the jumper bars are firmly in place. Four posts on most speakers are there as a fashion item more than a usable one.
Thanks for the advice. Bi-wiring seems to be something of a buzz term at the moment!

The sound from the Sony amp with the Wharfedales is excellent as is.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom