Sony STR DH-810 help needed with connections

Chrisrum1

Standard Member
I am having trouble getting a signal from my Humax HDR-Fox T2 into the AV. I have connected using HDMI all the way from the PVR through the AMP, into the sound bar connection on the Sony KDL-55NX813, but there is no sound or picture coming through. I have spoken to Sony and Humax who both say that the HDMI connection should just work but it doesn't! The PVR works fine when connected direct to the TV and the Blue Ray player works fine through the amp, but no joy with the Humax running through the amp. Does anybody recognise this problem or have a solution?

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Does the BD player work when connected to the input you were using for the Humax?

Have you tried swapping cables?

HDMI can be a pain sometimes......there are lots of compatibility issues but I hope you get this sorted.

Chrisrum1

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply. I burned some midnight oil ( read the instruction manual as well, which helps) and discovered that I had to activate the pass thru on the av in order to get it to work. All ok now. Strange that the technical department at Sony didn't know this. They told me I needed to buy an optical cable as well as HDMI in order to get it work and I should connect HDMI from PVR to TV, optical cable from PVR to Amp and optical cable from amp to TV...... which didn't seem right to me, so I am glad I persevered.

Top Bottom