• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony STR-DG820 Setup

mcscoobs

Standard Member
I'm new to world of home cinema, but plunged into the market for a Sony STR-DG820. Just setting it all up now, and getting sound, but no picture.

I'm hoping i've made a schoolboy error that can be easily sorted, but here's the setup:

Virgin HDMI into Amp
Sony BluRay HDMI into Amp
Xbox 360 HDMI into Amp
TV HDMI OUT from Amp

As everything is being connected via HDMI, i've not used any component cables or optical cables. Am I being a numpty? Read the manual a few times, and it states the setup should be as above?

Any help is appreciated, especially as the Mrs can't now watch the tv lol

internetuser

mine does that and its broke. need to get it fixed this week.

It was working fine then just stopped.

to test run a hdmi from virgn box direct to tv if that works, repeat with another cable then try virgin box to amp, amp to tv.

if that does not work, take it back

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Are none of the sources working?
I have had this av receiver for 3 years, never had a problem.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I take it you bought this reciever second hand? If so did you see it working? As above check all the HDMI cables (especially the one from reciever to TV) but if this does not work it would appear you have bought a knackered reciever.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom