1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony STR DE475

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by lunker, May 20, 2002.

Tags:
  1. lunker

lunker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony STR DE475 AV Amp and was wondering If anyone know how I can get a sub to work in 2channel stereo mode? I've checked to see if the speakers are set to micro and the manual says it has a LFE mix which I thought would do the trick.

2. Craig_Nike

Craig_Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please tell us more about what you are trying to do.....

Are you playing CD's ?
    What speakers do you have ?
    What Sound Feild setting are you on ?

In my experience, setting the amp to AFD (Auto Format Decode) will automatically select the front speakers and the sub, as long as the sub is set to YES in the set up menu (the AFD set up menu).

You might have your sub set to yes in Normal Surround or Cinema Studio Surround, but it will change settings when you select AFD for music.

Hope this helps.

3. lunker

lunker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got some Eltax floorstanders, yes I 'm playing CD's and the sound field is 2 channel stereo. If I play CD's with AFD the low bass does go to the sub but the treble and mid range is very dull. I've checked all the settings and tried micro speakers, normal speakers small/large pretty much every different setup.:confused: