Sony STR DB940

F

Fuddle

Is this amp still a winner and does anyone know where I can still buy one. Richer Sounds seem to have sold out!!!

thanks in advance

I'm very happy with mine.

I got it from Severnoaks Sound and Vision, Clifton, Bristol in silver £379. That was back around Feb this year.

Very flexible and under-rated for the money. I got one from Empire Direct, dunno if they still do it. Apparently the 1070 is not so hot.

S

Very pleased with my Sony, believe it to be the previous model (STR DB930)

Anyway, to the point then... anyone know how to send the output to a hi-fi system?

I recently subscribed to the Sky broadcast of the Oasis gig from Glasgow Barrowlands and the boys absolutely rocked. Of course I taped this for future viewings but would like to get a copy onto audio tape to play in the car.

Both the Sky box and Sony video are connected to the amp via quality phono leads and the sound coming out of my B&W's is nice to say the least - however how can I send the ouput to the phono input of my Technics Hi-Fi.

I have tried a number of output ports and all result in the sound maxing out (the cheesy graphic equaliser lights go to the top and stay there).

I am sure I have managed this before but cannot remember how I did it.

you boys (and girls) out there got any ideas?

Cheers

Should be just a phono out on your amp. Plug this in aux in on your hifi and adjust levels on the tape deck (unless it's one of them auto things, in which case you're knackered).

S

Could try connecting the cable directly from the stereo outs of the VCR to the Aux input of the Hi_Hf and Bypass the amp altogether. This worked for me before i had my Sony amp.

Tell a lie! I connected the audio outs from the nicam TV to the Aux in of the hi fi.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom