1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony STR DB940 problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dvdsam, Oct 21, 2003.

Tags:
  1. dvdsam

dvdsam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently running a Sony STR DB940 which has been great for the last couple of years. Now there is a problem with the amp, it plays all forms of inputs (analog and digital) with absolutely no bass what so ever, untill I switch on any of the acoustic enhancements then everything is ok. But as you can imagine the sound quality is not too impressive. What could be wrong?

To be honest its probably time to upgrade.

I have around 3-400 squids at my disposal for a new AV receiver, my requirements are high quality stereo sound with good AV performance. I also need loads of inputs with the minimum of 2 tape and 2 video loops as I have minidisc, tape, video and a DVD recorder.

I have been considering the Marant 5300 or the newer 5400. Are there any other alternatives in this price bracket.

Also are there any amps on the market that I can record one source (either sound or video) while watching/listening to another.

Thanks Sam

2. Gatto

Gatto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For stereo check the NAD T742, I don't know if it will cater for your other requirements, check the NAD website
    www.nadelectronics.com