1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony str-db930 pro logic hell

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gaz_burns, Jan 27, 2002.

Tags:
  1. gaz_burns

gaz_burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys I need help configuring by DB930. It works fine with DVD's, but I cannot no matter how hard I try get the Pro-Logic decoding or the auto format decoding working.

I have a Panasonic Nicam TV that the outputs come from to the TV input of the AMP, but the AFD picks up only left and right speakers. No centre and no rear.

Everything worked Ok with my previous pro-logic amp (Yamaha), but it will not pickup anything direct from the TV. Is this to do with the TV or am I doing something really silly.

I am also considering buying the picture frame Toshiba 36". Although it comes with DD5.1 would the forum users still reccomend using the Sony amp?

Thanks

Gary

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not too sure, but i think the AFD reproduces the sound that is being processed from the TV, so i think that if the TV is broadcasting in stereo, that is what you get. Try the normal surround option ( i have the same amp) and use the jacks on the back.

3. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I've got the 940 and that does not auto detect DPL.

What it does do however is 'remember' the last sound field setting for each source. Therefore if you connect your TV outs to the TV in of the amp (yes....:clown: ) when you switch the amp to TV, maunally set it to 'Normal Surround', it will always revert back to this when you select TV source.

I've als got the tosh 38ZP18. I'm on my 3rd set and its a good one. I'm really plesed with it. The fixed audio out is actually 'fixed' unlike some Panasonics!

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I wire all sources directly to my Sony and don't use the TV outputs which I find unreliable.

5. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Plug your DVD into the coax/optical input on your amp and set the DVD mode to AFD, this will decode the digital signal and reproduce the correct sound. Plug the phono outs on your TV/Sat box into the TV/SAT inputs on the amp and set this mode to Normal Surround or one of the Cinema ones. When you are watching TV, have your amp set to TV/SAT and you will get DPL.

S