• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony STR-DB930 not working.

Dominic

hi

I have a black version of this receiver, use it for parties running some old speakers made out of car audio drivers, for the last 2 years no problems. then on new years eve just about to start the party and turned on the power and the display just flashes "PROTECTION" and nothing works, no buttons, no audio, etc etc. At first assumed it was a speaker wire short circuit, but with no cables, ( input or output) connected it still happens, about 20secs after turn on you can hear the relays clicking as it powers up.

Not sure if its a simple fix, or even worth attempting...

any ideas,

needles to say the party went ahead with my DENON 1803 ripped from the lounge and did a much better job... even got the police to turn up....

Dominic

danteo1

thanks for the heads up on the fuse, could pop the lid and check for the obvious... ( seem to remember the wife being a bit heaver handid than necessary last time it was used)

when i had two policeman in the lounge, couldnt resist playing a bit of "walking on the moon" lol....

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom