• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

SONY STR-DB925 Reciver AV Amp start-up problem

100949football

:hiya: :hiya: Hi Guys, anyone give me some idea of irritating though not deadly start-up problem on my trusty but long-in-the-tooth Sony STR-DB925.
This has only recently started but when switched on from cold there is an irritating period of around ten seconds when there is nothing but noisy static from the audio. This immediately fixes itself and then runs no-problem all-day. I know it is not exactly earth-shatteringly serious but nevertheless annoying.
Otherwise this is a brilliant piece of kit of which Sony should be proud.
I'm sure you technological wizards out there will know the reason if not the cure!:lease: :lease:

Lewis123

Have you tried resetting it. I have a sony amp and in the manual there is a combination of keys that resets the internal computer. That might fix the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom